Wednesday, April 21, 2010

About Football With 1 Stick Gum

"Football With 1 Stick Gum" is what the old packs of football cards used to read, when gum came with football cards and football cards were just something kids bought with their spare nickels.

Whether they meant to or not, those cards celebrated football players, and this blog is in that spirit. Every day or two, myself and a few friends will celebrate (or not) a football player with a tribute culled, trimmed and reworked from one of two book projects: the original Football With 1 Stick Gum or Jim and Kit's Big Book of Football Lineups. It's my hope that you'll like the tributes enough to want to buy the books. At the very least, I hope you like the tributes enough to want to read more tributes.

If that's the case, let me know. I'll be right here writing ... and researching ... and trying to get my teeth around that goldarn gum.

-- Kit Kiefer a/k/a the Potato Phantom

No comments:

Post a Comment